Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Morning Before Thanksgiving

Wednesday Morning, Nov. 26, 2008


12AM Jack walked me over to TBH
A bunch of people cooking turkey and watching one of my favorite movies, Moulin Rouge, and Alice and I serenaded the “Elephant Medley” to each other.

1AM Juhae is so hospitable
She was the one that invited me to come over, and I feel special and get so excited whenever she does. It's like... Really? Me?!! =) and and... I needed to shower (badly), and Juhae insisted that I use her towels… I like that.

1:45AM I joined Inhae in the lounge to “do homework”
What did we end up doing? ---Handstands, cartwheels, seeing stars, hugging poles, and dancing to Missy Elliot… Well, the dancing was just me.
3:45AM Inhae and I decided we wanted to go over to MRH
So, we go back to Juhae’s room only to find that the door was locked. Lemme tell you that at this point that I didn’t have my shoes or a jacket or my phone because all my things were inside. All I had with me was my laptop, a T-shirt, and boxer shorts on. (O.O). And it just so happens that Inhae’s numbers all got deleted, so all she remembered was Juhae’s number. We call her, but she doesn’t pick up. Sooo, me and Inhae are sitting outside the door, talking to Minhee online, and cracking up about the whole situation. Anyway, we decide to still go to MRH. Luckily, Inhae had an extra pair of pants and another T-shirt and a hat. So, we walk out of TBH, her with all her stuff, and me with a hat, T-shirts, pants, my laptop, and no shoes on (I looked like a hobo that just stole a laptop from TBH).

4AM We’re waiting for Min Hee outside MRH.
She comes down, meets us outside, and starts cracking up at me, while my feet are about to freeze. We go into Minhee’s room, and Stella was asleep this whole time. So, she has no idea what’s going on.

6:30AM WAKE UP! HURRY HURRY!
We got up SO fast and literally ran out the door, down the stairs, and jumped into Anthony’s car. We decided around 5AM online with Anthony that we wanted to go to the beach to see the sunrise. Stella was sooo confused cuz she had no idea what was going on. LOL. Oh, can I just say, Anthony is a crazy, but good driver. We were worried we wouldn’t get to the lake front in time. But with Anthony’s mad driving skills, we did. The parking fee was $10!!! Was it worth paying $10?...... No, it was worth SOOO much more.

6:55AM The Sun rises
I don’t even know how to describe that moment. But I’ll try. I felt like I was waiting for the second coming of Christ, with all the anticipation and excitement.
Also, I understood what Minhee said when she described the sun as “our baby.” LOL. It’s gunna sound weird, but as the sun was “coming out,” it was so small, like a dot, a very bright dot. But when it finally came out, the sun gave us so much joy and warmth and life, much like a newborn baby. Now, the “coming out” part of the sun was much more magnificent and much…cleaner than childbirth, but you guys know what I mean. Ok, maybe not. But in any case, the sunrise also looked like a fireball slowly coming toward us. Or a nuclear bomb as Anthony described it.

The Creator was telling me, “Be still, and know that I am God.” Even with finals coming up, be still and know that I am a good and sovereign and just God.

That morning, I felt like a kid again- finding joy in the simplest things in life. Like watching a sunrise, or even just doing a handstand or cartwheel. These are the moments I will cherish forever, especially in the midst of all the craziness of college. And I’m thankful to share these moments with my close friends, my sisters and brother.

Thank you Lord for putting all the names mentioned in my life. You are truly magnificent.

No comments: