Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Unexpected Awesomeness

As I was folding my clothes in the laundry room, I felt the urge to talk to the girl standing next to me. The room was silent because all the machines had stopped, and we were alone. I didn't know how to start the conversation, so I did what I always do in silent/awkward situations: sing. I started to hum "Lean on Me" and before I knew it, the girl next to me started humming along! We added in the words and even harmonized! We felt a instant connection through music and it felt oddly natural, as in not awkward at all! Afterwards, we shook hands and exchanged names, info about our majors, dorm floor, etc. I'm thankful to have found a new friend, and now giving me motivation to wash my clothes more often.

5 comments:

Peter said...

haha this is so cool

Irene Sun said...

nice. =)

nathalie said...

unexpected awesomeness indeed!

c30lin said...

Does that mean you'll have more clean clothes from now on? ;P Awesome, Sis! Proud of you!

Aran Yoo said...

haha you can't stop talking about this :)