Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dear Child

I wrote this poem during my freshmen year of high school for my Geometry class. The assignment was to write a poem with certain geometry terms (underlined). It didn't have to rhyme and it could be on any topic we wanted. I guess this was what I came up with...


Dear Child,
I am in your presence
Even when you feel I'm at a far distance
I see the tears that flow down your face
When you feel lonely in a captive space
I offer you a love that lasts
A Love that's the same, future, present, and past
A Love that's like an endless line
A Love that is so divine
A Love that later leads to death
Me, hanging on the perpendicular cross, waiting for my last breath
But surely I do not fret
For I know I'll soon be with the Father and rest
I will rise on the third day and the nations will be blessed
Do you see the proof I've given, to prove that I Love you?
So, what is the reason that you can't say, "Lord, I love you, too?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) i like this poem. it really responates with the struggles that go through with from time to time. God's radical love causes us to live radical lives. i want to live as an example of God's love, don't you? it'll be tough. without a doubt. i can't love on my own for there's nothing good that comes from me. i can't tell you just how big of a blessing it has been knowing you and getting to know you as a sister, friend, and a future dance partner(er?)!<-- the last one won't be such a blessing cause you'll get scared instead. :p anyway, let's keep each other accountable. :) i'm here for you sherry. i love you!