Monday, October 20, 2008

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other..."

The Prayer of Faith

James 5:13-16

Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray.
Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.
Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint
him with oil in the name of the Lord.
And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up.
If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.


It's hard for me to confess my sins to people... not because I'm prideful, but because I don't want people to know how disgusting and deep my sins are. Or perhaps it's just that one sin. I've asked God to take that sin away countless of times, but maybe He doesn't to remind me that I'm a sinner as soon I start to think I'm not; that I'm all good.

4 comments:

c30lin said...

First of all, it is pride. Second, if the heart's not willing, God doesn't just "take away" one's sin. Plus, God doesn't simply just make sin disappear. God "forgives" and "forgets" people's sins when they repent of their sins.Thrid, we should not and do not ever have to live in sin in order to be reminded that we're sinners. Lastly, I'm glad to to see you opening up. Now that I don't get to hear from you as often, I always wondering how you're doing. So it's great to see what God is doing in your life and what you are going through. It takes a lot of courage to share your thoughts, and struggles. So don't give up when it gets difficult to share. Of course, you should also guard your heart--be discerning of what and who you share your heart with. Aight, this is getting longer than it needs to be. Ttyl sis! Love ya and miss ya lots!!!

Sherryberry said...

dang it sis, y u always gotta be right?!!

c30lin said...

I'm not always right, I'm just learning as I go, and I'm sure you will too.

michael.go.yee said...

Good to see some sisterly love... =)