Thursday, December 18, 2008

Dedicated to Hyun Seo Yang

Dec. 22, 2008

I spent 5 out of the last 7 days last week with Hyun Seo, and man… they are probably one of the most awesome, hilarious, and happiest days in my life (definitely will be one of the my highlights of my college life). It all began Monday…

I picked up Joanna from Starbucks and ate breakfast with her at ‘Maxwell’s Hashbrowns’. We shared a “Taylor Street omelet” with sweet potato hashbrowns and toast. You know, I was really happy to be able to drive Joanna around for once cuz she’s always the one driving us everywhere.

Then, I Picked up Hyun Seo from SSB at 12:38pm (ish). Omg, when she saw me, she ran toward me from half a block away and literally jumped into my arms. I was so scared that she was gunna perform “the show” when she was running!! I tried to tell her to slow down, but her excitement had already taken her onto full speed. She eventually did perform “the show.” I dropped her off at SRH for her to pick some things up., but when she was coming back to my car, she was running again, and she performed a BIIIIG “show.”

The first thing we did when we got to Downers Grove was visit my high school. We went into the school while they were still having class, and a former badminton teammate saw us and took me to see my badminton coach (while he was teaching a class!). He came out of his class room and was delighted by the visit. He a cool dude. =) Our school also had our Fall Art Display, where we walked around and saw my former art teacher.

Let’s see, what else…. We rented/watched ‘Notting Hill’ and ‘Mr. and Mrs. Smith.’ I’ve seen both before, but they were only 2 for $1 at Family Video! It was probably my 8th time seeing ‘Notting Hill’ (It’s one of my favorite Chick Flicks). I really enjoyed the second movie too (again). I think Hyun Seo did, too. =/

Tuesday morning, she woke up speaking Korean to me really fast. I still hvae no idea what she said, and apparently she doesn't either. Around noon, we also went sledding!!!.... in 15 degrees F, but we bundled up (A LOT!) so it wasn’t that cold. We went up to the hill down the street in Obrien Park. We had a BLAST!! Haha. We were gunna go up to the North Suburbs to meet up with Inhae, Minhee, and Tia to hang out. But there was a snow storm! Traffic was terrible so we decided not to go (the AAIV Christmas Party was postponed, too). So, Tuesday night, my dad, my dad’s roommate’s girlfriend, Jessica, and I cut Hyun Seo’s hair!! It was really funny, when she asked me to cur her hair I first refused to. She was like “Sherry, I trust you!” but I was like “No! I don’t trust myself!” See, I’ve never cut someone’s hair before, like full out. I’ve trimmed my mom’s hair, cut my bangs a lil. But I’ve only seen my mom cut hair since she used to always cut my sister’s and my hair every time. I just got my first hair cut in a salon this past labor day weekend in Houston!

Anyway, Wednesday morning, we drove into the city and had breakfast with Joanna at ‘Sweet Maple.’ It was Excellent!! The egg scramble was delicious! I’m gunna try to make it myself at home. I even bought ricotta cheese (just like our order)!! Afterwards, I dropped Joanna off at work, then dropped Hyun Seo off at Union Station, where she was “supposed” to meet her English teacher to go to the Museum. But her teacher never showed up =( I had already driven home when she called me later.

On Saturday, I drove into the city to pick up Hyun Seo, Inhae, and Min Hee from Union Station cuz they came to watch me perform at ARRIVAL. The ride home was hilarious as ever can be. Hyun Seo showed us all the Christmas cards she drew for everyone. They were for sure the best Christmas Cards… ever! Inhae’s 12 packs, I mean... purple coat, Min Hee’s grandma outfit, Grace “cut something”, Sandy driving, P. Jimmy’s “mustard.” Oh man, good times, good times. We cooked fried rice together, and talked and laughed some more. Hyun Seo was being ridiculously hilarious. We laughed so hard my stomach and cheeks were hurting SO bad. “Oh daang” (with bounce!). ROFL!!! omg, it was also hilarious when (Inhae, you know what I'm thinkin) Hyun Seo woke wouldn't wake up, but when I whispered to her that my Dad cooked dinner, she shot right up and went to sit at the dining table without saying a word. LOL!!!

Saturday night, Jeni Chang also slept over. Min Hee, Hyun Seo, and Inhae almost froze to death because I didn't know my dad closed off the heating vents in the room cuz it used to get TOO hot. Plus, it was freezing that night outside, literally!

Let's see, what else... Running around in the freezing cold Sunday was fun, too. We drove up to Evanston for church, and dropped Min Hee off at her dad's church in Glenview. It was SOOOOO cold!! After church we went to Old Orchard to "find boots"... I ended up buying two shirts from Gap! =D A bunch of us ate at the food court. We saw Santa (again)!! haha. And, of course, Hyun Seo was being too funny. I almost died laughing at everything she was doing. That was a really awesome time.

Hyun Seo’s excitement over… everything seems like that of a little child’s discovering a new toy, her eyes widen and light up, and puts on a huge smile with her mouth open. And does a lil dance… or big dance. I’m sure those of you that know her knows what I’m talking about. But even though she does some, no, A LOT of crazy things that may seem “childish,” I still see her as an unni, an older sister. She has so much heart, she’s fearless- loves to explore and try new things (like travel around NY with a stranger and go to Florida on her own). And when she was sharing her insight with us during our “girl talk” at the sleepover, I had so much respect for her. I don’t know what it is about her that she can act seemingly childish, yet, be mature. Maybe not “childish,” but innocent, yet, insightful. Haha, iunno how to explain it.
All I can say is Hyun Seo, you're awesome. Thanks for being you. I love you and I'm gunna miss you sooooo much!!!!! I’m gunna start tearing up if I think about you leaving at the end of May, so I’m gunna try to not think about it for now. …. too late T.T

No comments: